Thursday, June 28, 2012

Whitney Canyon Park

Santa Clarita Vally i guess ;)

Whitney Canyon Park, not really where I wanted to go but never the less it had two trails so I didn’t care, so after saying good bye to my sister I took one random road leading me up the hill, the trail wasn’t marked really well but hehe in my country its hardly marked :P so this was great! I was eying for the top of the mountain but the further I climbed up I realized the trail I’m on doesn’t seem to lead me up there, how ever I kept on climbing! On my right was a big cliff I wanted to go up there too but thought may be next time. But things went on so that I some how got onto a trail which took me right on the edge of the cliff!!
Cliff of Whitney Canyon Park
walkin on top of it

walking on the edge makes it a lot more exciting than it should! As danger lingers only a step or two away, but Its hard to imagine a sober man walking or rather falling off a cliff, I’m not writing off any possibilities I am merely stating that it’s a not a every day act!  I soon found myself on a basin made out of sheer rock where I took refuge to dig into the meal my sister made for me, I enjoyed the food over looking the santa clarita vally (if I’m not mistaken). While having my brunch I was very eager to locate the little mountain right above Harts park I climbed a few weeks back I knew its somewhere close by but I just couldn’t recognize it, but after some intense look outs I managed to spot the new library building which was coming up then I followed that to located the tiny hill off Hart’s park! I simply love to spot things from above.

with my brunch done with, I started heading back, I started to realize that my dear loved shoe is giving a way, however I simply loved hiking in it, I have put on many miles on that rugged grey boots which I bought in petta for only 2200 bucks! Thanks to Ref that is! J

Hiking in the whitney Canyon park by myself :P
29th june 2012


This is where i digged into my brunch


4 comments:

  1. aww..simple and lovely bambi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy that you are continuing to enjoy yourself. Somethings sound familiar!! Hiking alone, shoe giving way, trying to spot the Dept. building from the mountain top, I don't think that I told you that the last time I walked along the cliff, but certainly not along the edge! This was the left turn at Hantane. Did not walk too far. Thought I would do it with you. Shall we ? Btw hope you were able to check on the Santa Clarita trails sent on that slide. The pictures looked pretty and maybe worth trying them out if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete