Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kandy by Train

Bible Rock 
I’m Finally Writing on the move, Kandy is the destination this time, This is One journey which have been on the side-line waiting to be written upon, However going to Kandy is an everyday journey, but this doesn’t let the beauty fade away!
I’m traveling by train the most preferred out of a few options, and if anyone would ask me what’s the Best way to get to Kandy I would most certainly say that it is by  train, The intercity train makes your ride faster in fact the fastest ways thus far, Oh I forgot about the Air taxi :P. You could start this Journey either early in the morning or late in the afternoon like I am right now, The First part of the journey is more about flat land, but not just any, some of them being cultivated with the Rice crop, it is an Ideal site to see to the Eyes of a perfectionist, for some reason or another I see a  field of rice crop brings in a lot of hard work, I see it every time along my journeys, let it be preparation or harvesting.
Amazing sites off the Foot board
Along this journey I meet a lot of travellers and I do get a chance to exchange views, one of them being they just loved traveling on the Foot board of the train, It never clicked me enough cause for me travelling on the foot board is more a norm than an extra ordinary act, however I do know its danger and believe it’s not for the faint hearted :P But let me encourage everyone to at least try it once! It doesn’t have to be by yourself though. I am encouraging you not because I want to make you into a stunt man/woman but only for you to experience the beauty of nature with no frame in the picture.
Alagala
Bouncing the way further into the mountains you begin to feel the unruly nature a little bit more, no mountain seem to look the same and the vegetation begins to change. This is the best part of traveling to Kandy on the train, This is the time I stand up and move to the footboard, but be aware a bridge might be on its way just like the one I passed right now, the bridges gives you sprouts of difference, every time you go on one of them, everything sounds different and if you look over your window you are sure to see a lovely river or creak flowing through two mountains, It’s simply amazing.

Roughly after passing the 3rd or 4rth tunnel or Kadigamuwa to be more précised you got to be alert while the left stands out with roaring mountains the right(side) gives you a glimpse of how cool Sri lanka could be, Mountains next to each other the sun Brightly shining down at them, few seem to stand out, out of all the mountains(may be because I climbed them my self but) I am sure that no one would miss Bible rock or bathaleygala, a rectangle shaped mountain which looks just like sigiria this stands out while the rest make it look better, the whole picture is quite hard to explain but it is a full 180dgrees of pure awesomeness of it’s Creator, I hope I didn’t underwrite the left hand side of the journey lol, right after passing ihala kotte you got to look up on to your original left where you will see Alagala not lacking a bit of it’s Mightiness, A high mountain with scary cliff which might tempt you to ab-sail hehe,

This is one awesome Journey you all need to do, and now with “exporail” people with all comfort zones can take this trip.
The Train ride to kandy is simply amazing

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really good Bambi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i never knew you blogged :) good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely bambi. i always at corner of my mind wanted to be a kandy boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nabeel :) nvm that but i hope you hope in the kandy train soon ;)

      Delete